It's Thursday May 23, 2013 Dock Quote: “Life is a...
Here’s a running list of events that are postponed or cancelled or otherwise affected by Hurricane Sandy.
This list will be updated as additional information comes in.
- Bama’s Village Food Emporium is not opening on Sunday. They’ll be reopening Tuesday at 8a.
- Oriental’s Old Theater was to be a busy place Saturday and Sunday, but all events there have been scrubbed:
- Saturday night’s performance by the Pamlico Community Band has been cancelled. Becky Ackiss says no rescheduling appears to be possible.
- The Oriental History Museum’s Annual Meeting, slated for Sunday afternoon, has been cancelled. Another date will be announced in time, say the museum folks.
- The Oriental Film Fest’s showing of Chinatown, which had been scheduled for Sunday night, has been put off until next Sunday, November 4.
- Sunday voting has been cancelled for October 28. Also, voting on Saturday October 27 has been shortened one hour. The elections staff will be there at the County Courthouse elections office from 9a-4p (instead of 5p) on Saturday More details, here.
- A Meet and Greet for County Commission Candidate Greg Piner, slated for the Sunday October 28 2-4p, will be rescheduled. Date TBD.
- The Halloween Party at Oriental Marina/Tiki Bar has been moved one week. Instead of happening on Saturday night October 27, it’ll take place on Saturday, November 3.
- Cancelled – The New Bern Yacht Club had 11 boats planning to spend the weekend at Whittaker Pointe Marina in Oriental. Dockmaster Ashley Erwin says Sandy wasn’t the kind of weekend party they’d hoped for.