It's Wednesday September 2, 2015
News From The Village Updated Almost Daily
February 9, 2013
With all of the controversy surrounding our new town hall, I would like to offer my congratulations to Town Manager Bob Maxbauer for a job well done.
I stopped by this morning and got the nickel’s tour of the new facility. Being an engineer I was particularly interested in some of the features that improve the integrity of the building during and after a hurricane and some of the energy saving features:
- The floor level is almost two feet higher than the water level from Irene
- There is an additional three feet of safety zone that is protected by concrete block walls, strong doors and sump pumps to pump out any leakage
- The interior walls have a system of ducts and holes in the studs allowing them to be ventilated after flooding to dry them out
- The walls are tiled for easy cleanup after a flood
- There will be ramps to elevate police vehicles above any reasonable hurricane surge
- A simple solar heat collector to heat the floor is installed.
These are only some of the features of this pretty and functional town hall. Go see for yourself and ask Bob for a quick tour.
The writer is a retired chemical engineer.
TownDock.net welcomes correspondence on this subject and others. Please limit your letter to 500 words.
Send your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No anonymous letters will be accepted. Well-made, civilly-spoken points welcomed. Please include the city & state where you live.
If you cc TownDock letters you send to government officials, they may be included in the Letters column. (Such correspondence to government – town, county, state federal – is part of the public record.)